Below are my Runningback rankings for the rest of the season. I base the points on a 1/2 PPR format.
1. Arian Foster, HOU - 14.5 points was his worst this season. #1 with no doubt.
2. Jamaal Charles, KC – Other than week 2, he’s rushed for at least 80 yards each week and is clearly the workhorse in KC.
3. Ray Rice, BAL – Lots of receiving yards and no downside to Rice.
4. LeSean McCoy, PHI – Shady hasn’t been fantastic to start but he’s got the moves and the Eagles offense will turn around.
5. Maurice Jones-Drew, JAC – Some tough defenses have limited his production so far but he’s shown flashes of brilliance.
6. Adrian Peterson, MIN – The Viking offense has been much better than expected and Peterson doesn’t seem so nimble.
7. Frank Gore, SF – Another ageless wonder who has been tough to stop.
8. Stevan Ridley, NE – Yes, I do think he’s this good. Everyone has to worry about Brady leaving lots of room for Ridley.
9. Marshawn Lynch, SEA – Most of the top RBs have been inconsistent so far and that includes Lynch but he’s always going to get a bulk of the carries.
10. Darren McFadden, OAK – I know he’s started off rather slow but I have faith he’ll turn it around.
11. Trent Richardson, CLE – Consistently finding the end zone but his yardage total is a bit up and down.
12. Matt Forte, CHI – Hoping for some more receptions.
13. Alfred Morris, WAS – Great so far but how long until Shanahan changes his mind.
14. Darren Sproles, NO – Almost all his points through the passing game so adjust based on your PPR status.
15. Ryan Matthews, SD – If he can stay healthy he’s one of the best.
16. Reggie Bush, MIA – Still like Bush a lot so far and Miami loves to run the ball.
17. Michael Turner, ATL – One of the many older backs expected to decline this year but it hasn’t happened yet.
18. C.J. Spiller, BUF – Even with Jackson back I still think Spiller is going to produce big numbers.
19. BenJarvus Green-Ellis, CIN - Terrible this week but he’s been incredibly reliable for points.
20. DeMarco Murray, DAL – He’s doing pretty well since the Dallas offense has been awful so I think he can only improve.
21. Willis McGahee, DEN – With Peyton at the helm, McGahee has much more room to run.
22. Ahmad Bradshaw, NYG – Big numbers but unsure if he can keep it up.
23. Fred Jackson,BUF – The timeshare hurts a bit but if Buffalo can actually keep a game close he has a lot of potential.
24. Rashard Mendenhall, PIT – Good first week and with Redman and Dwyer struggling he should get the bulk of the carries.
25. Chris Johnson, TEN – Wouldn’t take him at all right now but he’s SO fast he just has to turn it around doesn’t he?
26. Doug Martin, TB – Good, not great but consistent so far.
7. Steven Jackson, STL – Very slow start and injuries are a concern.
28. DeAngelo Williams, CAR – Yelling at people on twitter is never a good sign but he’s not done yet.
29. Donald Brown, IND – Quietly having a really good start to the year.
30. Mikel Leshoure, DET – Someone has to be able to run on the Lions!
31. Cedric Benson, GB - Pending results of his injury but he’s been good for a GB running back.
32. Jonathan Stewart, CAR – Ranking him this high is just a blind hope he can start being more consistent.
33. Pierre Thomas, NO – The Saints have basically no running game but Thomas seems to be the guy when they do try it.
34. Michael Bush, CHI – Getting a nice dose of touches so far.
35. Jaquizz Rodgers, ATL – Love Rodgers to get more involved as the season goes on.
36. Shaun Draughn, KC – Even with Charles getting 30 carries Draughn is finding some points each week.
37. Daniel Thomas, MIA – Maybe I was a year too early on Thomas last year but I think the TDs are more a fluke than anything.
38. Isaac Redman, PIT – Looks explosive at times but not enough to take over as the starter.
39. Brandon Bolden, NE – Week 4 numbers were almost definitely a fluke but he still managed to get a lot of touches this week.
40. Kendall Hunter, SF – If Gore ever starts to wear down, Hunter will be a huge pickup.
41. Mark Ingram, NO – Nothing special so far but haven’t completely given up hope yet.
42. Shonn Greene, NYJ – By far the lowest ranked starter on here because he’s been just terrible and I doubt he’ll have the job much longer.
43. Daryl Richardson, STL – Jackson is one of the only older backs showing his age so Richardson could grab a lot of playing time.
44. Ben Tate, HOU – Probably one of the most talented backups but what are the odds Foster gets less touches than he is now?
45. Toby Gerhart, MIN – Has put up some points in the #2 role.
46. Ronnie Brown, SD – With Mathews’ injury history Brown can end up with an expanded role at any time.
47. Danny Woodhead, NE – His use in the passing game is great for PPR.
48. Andre Brown, NYG – With Wilson’s poor start, Brown has seemed to lock the backup role.
49. LeGarette Blount, TB – He’s not dead yet!
50. Bilal Powell, NYJ – Expect to see him starting sometime soon but he’s still on the Jets.