Below are my QB rankings for the rest of the season as of week 7. To view last week’s QB rankings click here. I will also have this week’s rankings for the other positions coming out later this week but you can check out the RB, WR, and TE rankings as of last week.
Last week’s rank in parenthesis
1. (1) Aaron Rodgers, GB - Any doubts should be silenced after his 6 TD performance.
2. (2) Drew Brees, NO - Bye week should give him a fresh look for next week.
3. (3) Tom Brady, NE - Still only 1 week over 20 points but 395 yards and 2 TDs is a nice thing to see.
4. (5) Peyton Manning, DEN - He now only has 1 week under 20 points and looks like the Peyton who won the Super Bowl a few years ago.
5. (4) Matt Ryan, ATL - 3 picks killed his week but since his previous worst day was 17 points, there’s nothing to worry about.
6. (7) Robert Griffin III, WAS - Only a 6 TD performance could beat him this week as he showed off the arm and leg with his 5th 20+ point performance in 6 starts.
7. (6) Cam Newton, CAR - Bye week should give the offense a chance to regroup but there’s some concerns here if they don’t do it soon.
8 (8). Eli Manning, NYG - Slow week for Eli as the Giants kept the ball on the ground all game but he hasn’t had less than 11 points yet.
9. (9) Matthew Stafford, DET - First 20 point showing of the season but he hasn’t thrown for more than 1 TD in a game yet.
10. (12) Andy Dalton, CIN - Back inside the top 10 since A.J. Green apparently can’t be stopped. Putting up 19 point while turning it over 4 times shows what kind of week he had.
11. (14) Ben Roethlisberger, PIT - Ben’s worst day has been 13 points and although he’s not dominating anyone, he’s been very reliable.
12. (16) Michael Vick, PHI - 2nd 20+ point week of the year and finally no fumbles (although he lost 2 picks). I don’t think Vick gets back to top 5 form again in his career but he’s always a potential for a huge day.
13. (10) Phillip Rivers, SD - With 4 INTs and 2 fumbles this week, Rivers now has 12 turnovers in 6 weeks which doesn’t bode well for him.
14. (13) Joe Flacco, BAL - No outrageous numbers but he’s shown he can put up double digit point fairly often.
15. (11) Andrew Luck, IND - A week after dominating the Packers, Luck gets beat up by NYJ. I imagine future weeks will be somewhere in between these two outings.
16. (17) Tony Romo, DAL - The week 1 performance is long gone but at least he’s not going down without a fight.
17. Jay Cutler, CHI - Bye week
18. (20) Christian Ponder, MIN - Throwing to Harvin for a living still means good production.
19. (18) Matt Schaub, HOU - Shut down by the Packers during his mediocre season.
20. (UR) Carson Palmer, OAK - The Oakland receivers have looked good and Carson is benefiting.