Below are my QB rankings for the rest of the season after week 7. My rankings for the other positions will be out later this week but you can find last week’s RB, WR, and TE rankings or last week’s QB rankings.
Last week’s rank is in parenthesis.
1. (1) Aaron Rodgers, GB – In the past 4 weeks, Rodgers has scored at least 24 points with at least 3 passing TDs in each contest.
2. (2) Drew Brees, NO – Brees’s worst week this season gave him 19 points and he’s scored at least 28 in the past 3 weeks. It could be easy to say Brees and Rodgers are tied for first.
3. (6) Robert Griffin III, WAS – Other than the game RGIII left early because of an injury, his lowest total is 21 points. If you removed all of his passing numbers, he’d be on pace to be a top 10 RB based on last year’s numbers.
4. (4) Peyton Manning, DEN – Bye week
5. (3) Tom Brady, NE – Brady’s worst week is 14 points and he’s been very consistent but he’s only passed 20 points once which is why he’s dropped 2 spots.
6. (5) Matt Ryan, ATL – Bye week
7. (7) Cam Newton, CAR – Panthers continue to struggle but Newton is able to get good rushing result. If the next 4 QBs on the list didn’t have bad weeks, he’d be moving down.
8. (8) Eli Manning, NYG – Eli being Eli with some real bad turnovers but no cause for concern as he did throw for over 300 yards.
9. (9) Matthew Stafford, DET – The last minute scoring drive saved his week a bit but something just isn’t right.
10. (10) Andy Dalton, CIN – Terrible week but against a tough D so I’m still loving Dalton for the rest of the year.
11. (11) Ben Roethlisberger, PIT – Hasn’t put up multiple TDs since week 3 but there are too many weapons on the Steelers for him.
12. (12) Michael Vick, PHI – Bye Week
13. (15) Andrew Luck, IND – Rushing TDs saved his week and we’ll expect some ups and downs this year.
14. (13) Phillip Rivers, SD – Bye week.
15. (16) Tony Romo, DAL – Seems like 15 points is around what you can expect from Romo each week.
16. (17) Jay Cutler, CHI – Looked so good but just didn’t put the points up you’d hope for.
17. (19) Matt Schaub, HOU – Blowout game of the week but results aren’t typical.
18. (14) Joe Flacco, BAL – See above except although the Ravens and Texans are run first teams, the Texans have Andre Johnson, the Ravens have Torrey Smith.
19. (UR) Josh Freeman, TB – Freeman now has more 20 point performances than Brady. Wait to see if he can keep it up.
20. (UR) Ryan Fitzpatrick, BUF – The rollercoaster ride that is the Bills applies to fantasy too but Fitzpatrick is a good backup option.